Monday, January 7, 2008

yeah! We've jumped one hurrdle!

I met with our Social Worker today! She is wonderful! If there is anyone in North Dallas who needs a social worker for an adoption, give me a call! I will give you her information! She Is great!
We were kinda nervous to tell her about Jorja. She really isn't big on "out of birth order adoption". She was so excited for us I couldn't believe it! Of course, she warned us that for every year a child is in an orphanage you can expect a 4 month delay in development. I must agree with her. From what we have experienced with Jailyn and seen in others this is true. So, even though Jorja will be 4 years old. We can expect her to act like a 2 year old in many ways. According to her height and weight measurements she's the size of a 2 year old too. ( a small two year old). Our Social Worker also warned us that since Jailyn has been home for almost a year - she will probably be a head of Jorja in many ways. It will be like having twins I guess! How fun! :)

Beverley, our SW, is so excited to get our paper work done! I am so glad! Maybe we will hold our little angel sooner then I expected! Why do the Olympics have to be in China this year?
And though the Olympics are in Beijing, why do airfares go up so high to fly to Guangzhou?
Doesn't make sense!!

Tomorrow our LOI (Letter of Intent) will go to China. This letter is requesting permission from the Chinese Government for us to go ahead with Jorja's adoption. They hold all the strings. Okay, God actually holds all the cards! Please pray with us that all our paperwork gets going faster then later! We can't wait to bring home our little sweetie!

6 comments:

Robyn said...

Oh my gosh Jodi, I had no clue that you were paperchasing for another daughter. How exciting for you and your family!!!!

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog. I concur that Beverley is the greatest!!!

Can't wait to follow on this new journey!!

Connie J said...

Jodi~
Jorja is gorgeous! Are you guys LID, and when do you think she'll come home? Your family is beautiful, and thank you for your sweet comments on our blog. Lifeline rocks! We are so blessed our Kaeleb was on their WC list. Well, I must bookmark your blog :)
Blessings~

Heather BT said...

Jodi,
Acer was on a WC July of '06 and we became a family Mother's day '07. Acer's a joy and I hope your papercase goes quickly with no chasing your tail!
Heather BT
http://adoptakid.blogspot.com
(chasing butterflies group)h

Heather BT said...

Jodi,
Acer was on a WC July of '06 and we became a family Mother's day '07. Acer's a joy and I hope your papercase goes quickly with no chasing your tail!
Heather BT
http://adoptakid.blogspot.com
(chasing butterflies group)h

Heather BT said...

Sorry about the double comment!
Heather BT

Tammy said...

You've taken the first big step! I'm so happy for you and your family! I pray your paperchase goes smoothly and quickly.

Blessings,
www.youbelong.net/thehills