Sunday, January 27, 2008

RAD

I have been doing my reading on RAD (Reactive Attachment Disorder).
Adopting a 4 year old will be totally different then adopting a 16 month old who wasn't walking or feeding herself yet. So I am trying to prepare myself and the family. Well, let me tell you!
I got some wonderful news!!!

Psychologists say: It is a good idea to dress the child in clothing that match Mom and other members of the family! This gives the child a sense of belonging!!!

How cool is that? So, when Jorja gets home and the whole family is dressed similar there will be no negative comments made! Do you hear me Uncle Jay B? It's all done with love for Jorja and making her feel comfortable with her family! :)
Has nothing to do with me wanting to dress Jailyn and Jorja a like! :)

Mom, we have clearance to buy the girls matching outfits!!! It's that cool!
(oh, poor Jorja!)
Can't wait to get her home!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is interesting. I always liked to buck the trends, but I am sure a sweet little 4 year old would never do that!

I pray the process to adoption goes well for you guys.

Jay said...

Red sweaters for everyone!