Sunday, June 22, 2008

5 Kids!

What am I thinking?
Yesterday was so peaceful! For a few hours I only had two kids playing in the house.
Brady was at soccer (working as a referee!), and Jailyn was napping. Even DH Bryan was gone - watching Brady and other teams. Kenzie and Conner were playing computer games together. I could hear them in the other room, but no one came to ask me anything! They were quiet happy that I leave them alone and I was happy to ablidge!
The TV was off and I actually had some quiet time! WOW!!! That doesn't happen around here very often!
I enjoyed it so much I thought - I am doing the right thing - wanting a big family? Adopting another child? Four is overwhelming at times, what are Bryan and I going to do with five!
When Bryan got home I had to go run some errands, and I went alone!!! When I was done picking up a few things, I ran by the soccer fields to see if Brady was done. He had just begun a game, which a friend of ours coaches and his son plays on. I went home and got the rest of the crew and we went back to the fields to watch the game. It was so fun to have all my kids there - hanging out! Running around the fields! Playing together, laughing. Does it get better then this? Not really!
As we were playing I couldn't help but get very sad that Jorja was not with us! I can't wait to see her running around, giggling, playing with her brothers,and sisters!
I guess I am made out for this big family thing!
I believe if God gives you a calling I need to heed His call!
Though money is tight at times, and we love hand-me-downs! And we have two cars that could really be put to pasture, we need new carpet, and a new couch. I hope and pray this is not what my kids remember about me. I hope they remember that their Dad and I followed God's call and went forward in faith to add to our family! I pray they learn to do the same!
A friend of mine in college would always tell me that I was going to be a missionary in Asia. I always knew I was called to adopt children, but never knew that two of my children would be from China. Rodney, I wish I could find you after all these years and tell you how right you were!

This has been one of my favorite songs since college - God will let us know where He wants us to go! We need to trust and follow Him! Lord of the Harvest I'll Go! (I have still not been able to figure out the whole you tube and blogspot so here is the link)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WN7ezuRYpA

1 comment:

Jodi said...

i remember that day!
it was great!
love,
kenzie